Thursday, April 19, 2012

2 years

Today marks 2 years since my mom died. The day that changed our family forever. I'm alright today. I'm trying to remember the good. How can I not? There was so much good with her!

I told the kids last night what today is. Finn said, "I miss Grandma." Ryan said, "Can we not talk about this?" It's really hard for her. Finn really doesn't remember a whole lot from his life with her. He had just turned two when she died. He remembers her through pictures and through the 1 year scrapbook she made him. Ryan tries really hard to remember. I can see it bothers her that she can't remember as well as she wishes she could. I feel the same way.

I will never stop missing her and needing her. There is so much I wish she was here for. Every time one of the kids does something special or new I long for her to be there to see it and share the happiness with. She was there for everything! I miss having her as a friend. She was the best friend! I miss having a mom! You never stop needing your mom. I miss having a person who makes the difficult times easier. I simply just miss her. There are no other words to say but that.



Here is a link to my 1 year post. http://www.lisakay-piecesofus.blogspot.com/2011/04/year-without-her.html





1 comment:

  1. Oh Lis.... I have been so horrible at checking in on your blog and I knew that this date had passed and did check up on you but it's different reading this. Your mom was really one of those contagiously awesome people. She always lit up a room just like you and Beth do. Its amazing to see her in you two and to see the beautiful women she raised to be my best friends! I love you guys so much! Coffee soon.

    ReplyDelete