Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I caved

Well I'm cringing at myself now that I caved in to having a blog. I said "I will never have a blog" but low and behold I'm writing my first post. Not sure why I gave in but I figured if I'm going to sit and read other people's blogs I might as well have my own. It's also just a way to share and vent.

It seems like nothing has been happening around our household but when I sit back and ponder a lot is going on. Just getting through the day, preparing to welcome another baby, keeping up with my kids and my sisters kids, and all our animals makes for a busy week.



Thanksgiving weekend was okay. I pretty much just dreaded it but after quite a few attitude adjustments I ended up having a good weekend. I'm glad it's over. I started out at the store buying way too much food for the four of us. Corey shot a turkey this year so I didn't have to buy one but I did have to spend 2 hours plucking stinkin quills out of it. Seriously this was gross and with my pregnant nose I was not happy. Corey told me to just go buy one but I was being stubborn at that point and wouldn't let that hard work go to waste. The bird was not good! I was pretty disappointed but just said "oh well." We started the day with 5 dogs (our 2, 2 of the in laws and my Dad's) in the house one of them running away for 2 hours and luckily my Dad picked up his, his was the good one though. We got to have a nice day with Corey's sister and brother in law (Shelly and Gordie) who live in California. They played with the kids a ton while I cooked and they played in the snow and made a snowman with the kids. 


I still can't believe I did anything with this





Beth and I went shopping on Black Friday and had a good time, really missed Mom though. Corey, the kids and I, Jamie and Alli and Shelly and Gordie went and saw Tangled. It was such a good movie. I fell asleep during it because I was so tired from shopping but I saw most of it.

The next day we went as a family and picked out our tree from Jamie's grandma's house. It was a lot of fun but Corey's eyes are bigger than what we have room for in our house. I kept calling him Clark Griswold. He couldn't even get the tree in the house and when he tried he broke the railing on the porch. Luckily brother Josh came and helped. They were both almost dead after carrying it in the house. They even had the chainsaw IN the house. This was quite the sight! Only in the Ross household!!


This shows how big it is compared to a kid



This is probably the longest post ever. To end it I'll just say this weekend was very very bittersweet, I felt very down most of it just because my Mom isn't around to share it with. I find myself feeling sorry for her a lot, feeling sorry for myself, feeling sorry for my kids, sorry for my Dad, sorry for my sisters and most of all the grandkids who didn't get to spend holidays with her and have memories that the older kids have. I will cherish those forever and I know Ryan and Jack will too. I find myself trying to do every single tradition that she did and it makes me feel good doing them but really just so so sad. A few people tell me going through these firsts without her is going to be so hard and they're right but it feels good to start getting them done. It's too hard to explain. Right now I'm just focusing on giving the kids a great Christmas and getting ready for another baby. I'm so excited I have that to look forward to, I can't say I'm loving being pregnant only because of all the emotions but I'm so looking forward to holding a baby. But again I'm sad my Mom won't be here for it. I often find myself in a panic thinking I didn't tell her yet that I'm having a baby and this is a crushing feeling but I am so thankful for what she has already taught me and that I had Ryan so young so that I got to have her here for that. I'm so so lucky for the relationship I had with her and I'm thankful.

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Well worth the wait. I always love what you have to say because I know you always put thought in to it before you say it. Beautiful family. Definitely one of a kind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa...thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I love you girls and I am so sorry that you have to be going through these "firsts". If there is anything that I can ever do for you please let me know. I am here for you. Love you and your beautiful family so much!!! And by the way, OMG, that tree is huge!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIS!!! What planet do you live on?!? Plucking the feathers and gutting a turkey by your PREGNANT self?! You put me to shame! I thought cooking a turkey myself was enough, let alone all of that! Your tree, while it is a truly beautiful sight, is hilarious! That husband of yours!! I'm sure that these hoilday seasons are so hard and I couldn't even begin to imagine but you have such a positive outlook! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, all your efforts with the turkey are fantastic!! The tree is the most beutiful ever!! Because they were done with love. Your mom taught you that lesson and you were a star student. She was and will always be so very proud of everything you do because it is from your heart. We all miss your mom but I can't imagine how hard every moment is for you, your sisters and dad.
    The fun and funny things you do are in you because that was in your mom too. Just know that you are a beatiful reflection of her. Each of you girls are a reflection of her in your own way. Look at each other when you need to see her, she is right there. I Love You, aunt Robin

    ReplyDelete