Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ryan



Ryan Elisabeth...what can I say? She is growing up! I don't talk a ton directly about the kids but I think Ryan deserves a post of her own. I'm not trying to brag but I'm just so dang proud!
She decided to finally pull that tooth out while watching the movie The Toothfairy.

She came home from school on Monday saying she has a surprise for me. So, once we got home from the bus stop she whipped out a paper from the principal saying that she won a Pioneer Pride Award for being respectful, responsible, and caring. All the students who get picked get acknowledged in an assembly where parents can go to watch. She also said that she was the first to finish up her at home reading and have her chart full. She got to pick a prize out of the prize box. She picked a zooble. That's so cool to her! Last week she got to pick a beanie baby from the prize box in library for being a good listener.

It sure is something to see your child excel! On curriculum night the principal told Corey many great things about Ryan. This makes me feel so proud of her! I feel like I struggled a bit at the beginning of school with getting her ready and making sure she had everything in order and yelling a lot to tell her to hurry up. But, I guess she's doing great! With all the hustle and bustle of getting them ready in the morning I sometimes feel like nothing is in order and I should be doing better but her performance at school makes me feel like I must be doing something right.

She's playing soccer right now too and really loves it. Last year it wasn't her favorite thing but I can see she has gotten the hang of what to do and that makes it so much more enjoyable for her. She has scored 3 goals out of 4 games! It is so fun to watch her grow up and to watch her be proud of herself too!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa you are a wonderful mother and you have every reason to brag about your babies! They are wonderful kids! You and Corey are doing a great job! I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that picture of her losing her tooth makes my butt pucker haha What a stud she is!! I'm thinking I want to kick a ball around with her and have her teach me a few things! So glad you guys came over today... It's always so nice to catch up and let the kids play! Love you!

    ReplyDelete