Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dreaming

"He speaks in dreams, in visions of the night,
when deep sleep falls on people as they lie in their beds."
Job 33:15

Sleep has not been easy for me this week. It's the wind, having to pee all night, a dog or cat making noise that drives me crazy, and the kids coughing and Ryan not wanting to sleep in her own bed. But last night the little sleep I did get was probably the best sleep I've had in a long time. It wasn't the amount of sleep or that I was in a deep sleep but it was that I got to meet my Mom in my dream and talk with her.

The whole family was together having a meal. It might have been Thanksgiving. It started out so normal. One of my sisters was getting mad because my Mom didn't ask me to make anything for dinner. Not that that's normal but just being together was normal. My mom wasn't sick. She looked like her normal self. It was after she died though. She was just visiting us. After dinner we all sat down and I started asking her about what it was like when she was dying. She began telling us that there were guardians or people, she didn't use the word Angels but I think that's what it was, there with her and she could see them the whole time. They just waited for her to be ready. When she was finally ready they said well lets hurry up and get to Heaven, or something like that. I can't remember exactly how things were said but I remember her saying it was sort of funny the way they said it, not formal at all.  Then she talked about when she got to Heaven and said that God asked her if she was ready and how she loved him and if he was in her heart. Then she said the second day there she started to feel a little sad and missing us but knew she was where she wanted to be and knew she would love it.

I wish I could remember every detail exactly. Unfortunately that's just the way it goes with dreams. I'm so thankful for it. It left me feeling peace and happy for my mom. It left me with a picture of her in my head that I love to remember. Not a picture of her being sick and not herself. The other night I was together with some of my friends and we were talking about other things about my Mom and other people's dreams and Lisa said "I bet you guys will have one soon, I just know it" She was right. I have been selfishly asking God to see her in my dreams. I had one another time right after she died that I saw her and she just held me and put her head on my head and her hand in my hand and we just sat with each other like that. I woke up from that dream with my hand tingling and I could still feel "something" on my head.

2 comments:

  1. Thank the Lord for letting you spend some time with her again. Reading the part about how you could still feel her after you woke up, gave me goosebumps and blurred the screen for a moment. Wonderful Lis :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...not sure if I can type through my tears. That was so beautiful to read. Made me feel very emotional and comforted and also brought a wonderful feeling of peace that I haven't experienced yet. Thank you for sharing Lisa. I know your mom is where she needs to be and watching over all of us.

    ReplyDelete